Go to WebAdvisor for information on resistering for courses.
Frequently asked questions:
1) Why am I Locked out of registering for a course as all sections are full?
Note that caps for courses - where required, will be modified twice per day during the registration window at approximately 12:00 noon and 4:00pm. Please be patient and continue to check back in WebAdvisor to see when spaces have opened up.
2) When is the last day that I can drop a course?
Answer: (Provided by Enrolment Services July 3, 2019)
The University recently changed its policy on the course drop deadline. Beginning fall 2019, students will have until the last day of classes to drop courses without academic penalty. The deadline to drop two-semester courses will be the last day of classes in the second semester. This change applies to all students (undergraduate, graduate and diploma) except for Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and Associate Diploma in Veterinary Technology (conventional and alternative delivery) students.
This change reflects recent discussions about potential benefits to students, instructors and the University. The new course drop deadline is intended to help address student mental health issues; allow for more effective use of student, faculty and staff resources; and ensure that we focus on pedagogy and learning rather than on penalizing students.
We will notify students of the new course drop deadline in late August, including discussing the reasons for the change and suggesting points for students to keep in mind (e.g., no change to the refund schedule; academic, organizational and emotional supports available; and recommended consultation with a program counsellor/faculty adviser about potential impacts of dropping courses on future course selections).
With the fall semester quickly approaching, we encourage you to review your course outlines and websites to reflect the new deadline to drop courses. For faculty and instructors using the course outline manager tool, the new drop deadline will be updated in the tool as of the fall 2019 semester.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Registrarial Services | University of Guelph
University Centre – Level 3 | 50 Stone Rd. E. | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120, Ext. 58731 | email@example.com
Enrolment Services Website
How to sign up for ANSC*4700 or ANSC*4710: ** PLEASE BE AWARE OF CHANGE IN INSTRUCTOR COORDINATING THESE COURSES FOR FALL 2021 - Vern Osborne**
If you are looking to sign up for either of these courses, please review the following requirements and steps:
ANSC*4700 – need to have 14 credits, and the course is restricted to Animal Biology and Animal Science major’s, and will need instructor consent.
ANSC*4710 – pre-requisite is ANSC*4700, and the course is restricted to Animal Biology and Animal Science major’s, and will need instructor consent.
In order to get instructor consent, please follow the steps below:
- Find a faculty advisor who is willing to work with you and get the student/faculty agreement completed and signed. (a copy of that form is available below)
- Complete a course waiver request form, and submit both the signed agreement as well as a course waiver request form to Dr. Vern Osborne (firstname.lastname@example.org) for his signature on the course waiver , cc’ing Karina McKenzie (email@example.com) – for filing of the agreement form.
- Once you receive the Course Waiver request form back (signed by Dr. Osborne) email it to enrolment services (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get added to the class list.
Below is the link to the Course Waiver request form on the University Website, or you can use the fillable pdf provided below.